Job Vacancies: IT Technician
Job title: IT Technician
Responsible to: Principal Engineer
Location: Hitchin Hertfordshire.
- Assist with the maintenance, security and documentation of IT services throughout the company, including those for BEKA off-site workers.
- Assist with staff IT training.
- Assist with commissioning and maintenance of IT system throughout the company, production automation and test equipment.
- Provide technician services to Design, Test Equipment and Production departments.
- This a permanent full time job with a salary that will depend upon experience
- BEKA operates a company funded medical insurance scheme
- Pension contribution
- Death-in-service benefit
If interested please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy is suitable for an enthusiastic person having a practical understanding of computer systems who wishes to extend their knowledge in an industrial environment. Ideally the candidate would already possess an HNC or equivalent in computer or related engineering subjects. On-site training will be provided and if required external training will also be available.
BEKA associates designs, manufactures and sells electronic industrial instrumentation, it therefore employs experienced hardware and software engineers which is why we favour open source software for many applications. The IT Technician will be responsible to the Principal Engineer and will work within an engineering environment where help and advice will always be available.
The successful applicant will be involved with maintenance of:
- Workstations currently running Windows 7
- File servers running Debian (Linux)
- PostgreSQL database server
- VPOP3 e-mail server
- Automated back-up systems
- Proprietary software systems such as Caliach manufacturing information system and CAD systems
- Open source software such as LibreOffice, Thunderbird and Firefox
- Networks and Wi Fi within the building and VPNs for off-site workers
- Office laser printers
- Label and laser engraving machines which are linked to the manufacturing information system
- Telephone system, production robots and automatic inspection systems