Job title: Technical Sales Manager
Responsible to: Sales Director
Responsible for: Regional Sales and Technical Sales Management
Location: Office based, Hitchin Hertfordshire.
- Region - initially England and Wales
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner
- Create positive and long-lasting relationships with customers
- Visits to customers (approximately 25% of time)
- Entering sales data onto database
- Occasional exhibition stand duty, UK & International
- Researching and reporting market trends, competitive activities and customer feedback.
- Product Champion for the sales department by providing first line technical support
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products
- Initially research existing applications for a specific product line to ultimately assist writing design specifications for the next generation.
- Visit customers UK and International
- Educate customers by promoting product features and benefits including Intrinsically Safe techniques over alternatives.
- Experience in technical sales for hazardous area equipment
- Knowledge of hazardous area protection concepts and ideally intrinsic safety
- Can work as part of a small team learning and sharing together
- Experience with PLC programming and HMIs
- Commercially astute with technical awareness
- Desire to expand role and responsibility
- Desire for long-term and stable employment
- Live within easy commuting distance
- Salary in-line with experience
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension contribution
- Death-in-service benefit
- Fully reimbursed business travel
If interested please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.